So, this weekend was amazing. I went to a great baby shower on Saturday & spent some much needed time with some of my girls. On sunday I pulled myself out of bed for church. Boy was I tired. I can't say that I enjoyed church so much. We had a guest speaker who was all over the place and he was going from topic to topic and I was lost. Our IHP service later that night DEFINITELY made up for it. Wow! That's all I can say. I've been to several IHP Underground services and Pastor Timmy always, always, always touches me with his words. Not only was I touched by his words last night, but the praise and worship is always amazing. The dancers and the singers it's just amazing. A feeling that I cannot put into words. Normally the sanctuary is packed but, since we've gone from having the service at 5 instead of 6 it wasn't as crowded and it was very intimate. It was great.
Pastor Timmy's topic of discussion was L O V E! very appropriate with Valentine's Day right around the corner dontcha think? So, basically Pastor Timmy brought alot to my attention. I soaked up every single thing he said because once again, I felt as though he was speaking directly to me. He made it very clear that one should be movitvated by love and moved by compassion in all that you do. If you are doing something because you feel obligated it will soon get old. You will eventually tire of doing it. However, if you're doing something because you LOVE to do it, it makes all the difference in the world. Also, I know people hear this all the time but, in order to love someone else, you must first love yourself. God made you just the way you are. He doesn't make mistakes. You need to stop putting yourself down and learn to accept you and who you are because you will always be YOU. This really makes me wonder, how exactly do you love yourself? How do you show yourself love? It sounds like such a silly question but really, I need some clarification.
here are some of the verses that Pastor Timmy shared with us that really opened my eyes to just how important love is. You can have all the faith and the grace in the world but you NEED to accompany them with love.
1 Corinthians 13:1-3: "If i speak in the tongues of men, and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing."
Matthew 5:46: "For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?"
It's more than just loving those who love you. That's the easy part. You must love those who seem impossible to love. You must love your enemies! It is not enough to reciprocate the love that is given to you.
1 John 4:7: "Beloved, let us love one another, for love is God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God."
Romans 13:8: :"Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law".
So there it is! I'm finding that there is sooo much love in the bible! I must say, a year ago I never would've imagined that I would find pleasure in reading the bible and learning the Lord's word. Today, I am completely enthralled in His message and want more than anything to just memorize the entire bible...lol. I find it very difficult to apply the teachings I am learning to everyday life but I know as time progresses so will I. I'm thankful that I've found a church that I love, that makes me feel comfortable, that encompasses everything that I believe and strive to be as a young christian woman. I am blessed beyond that which I can imagine and I'm so in love with my Lord Jesus Christ.
I am making a conscious to love everyone. To love my neighbor as myself, as I should. Here's to a great week!
Love,
Faith
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I loved your post. I was learning in one of my classes about being in love and loving. It is two completely different things. If I remember correctly, my professor said that being in love is the passion that ignites the actual love between people. It is through love, not being IN love, that we learn to appreciate not only our maker and ourselves, but others around us. It is because of love that we 'stick' with someone, even though we may be furious with them at the time. I found that to be so incredibly true. I thought it was fascinating and hoped you would enjoy it. :) I hope you had a great time moving and everything went smoothly.
Post a Comment