February 1, 2008

My Greenhouse

I have this inspirational calendar here on my desk at work called Grace For The Moment by Max Lucado. It's amazing. I absolutely love it, I learn something new because of it each day and it's an awesome way for me to get my day started. Here's the "inspirational thought" for today:

"People harvest only what they plant" Galatians 6:7

Think for a moment of your heart as a greenhouse...And your heart, like a greenhouse, has to nbe managed. Consider for a moment your thoughts as seed. Some thoughts become flowers. Others become weeds...Ever wonder why some people have the Teflon cpacity to resist negativism and remain patient, optimistic, and forgiving? Could it be that they have diligently sown seeds of goodness and are enjoying the harvest?

I think I need to manage my greenhouse better. I need to rid myself of the thoughts that will eventually become weeds.

That's all for today, thought I'd share something that really touched me this morning.

I will be going to Disneyland tomorrow for my niece's 13th birthday and yes, i'll be staying overnight!! wooohooo...i'm so excited. i'm a big kid and i l o v e disneyland.

ciao!

1 comment:

Katelyn said...

I really enjoyed your post. I have a tendency to worry and let things become bigger than they are in reality and eventually they become weeds. Thanks for sharing!

Yes I am feeling better, thank you. But I still have a ways until I'm 100%. I'm hoping this weekend will allow for me to rest more and not be so stressed. :) Have a fabulous time at Disney Land!