!HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
It's 1:03am and I have just finished baking Pumpkin Spice Cake #2. Yesterday I baked one and It came out perfect. Today's...uh not so much. I took it out of the oven about 5 mins too early. Dangit! I should be going to bed but I know I wont be able to update tomorrow and I need to do my Thanksgiving post because that's what this holiday is all about right? Giving Thanks! So, in no particular order, here are the things that I'm most thankful for.
1. God's wonderful mercy--I don't think this one needs an explanation but, I will give one anyway. I'm blessed beyond belief. I have come so far this year alone and I couldn't have done it without His mercy. I am so very grateful for the grace of God.
2. My church--I love my church. It is so "me" and I honestly don't know where I'd be without it. It took a very long time to find a church that felt like home and I'm so glad that I've found a place where I can learn, worship, pray & most of all grow in His word.
3. Mi Familia--I may not have the best family and we may not be as close as most families but we do love each other. I'm also thankful for those who technically are not family but have become family over the years.
3. My Sisters--I know they fall into the "family" category but, they need their own recognition. My sisters are my world. I love them tremendously and I'm thankful that I have the privilege of watching them become lil' women and Bria, gosh, she brings so much joy in my life I can't remember what life was like before she was here. I can only imagine what that one has in store :)
4. My Friends--Wow, I have some amazing girlfriends. I don't know where I'd be without my two best friends and all my other crazy girls. I consider each and every one of them sisters.
5. My Stinker--My awesome boyfriend who puts up with me even when he shouldn't. He is seriously one of my best friends and I wouldn't trade our relationship for anything in this world.
6. My Job--Even though I may complain my lil' arse off, I really do enjoy what I do. I'm thankful that I work with a great group of people.
7. My Health--The older I get, the more I realize just how important it is to take care of yourself. I definitely don't want to be an old lady thinking back on what I could have or should have done to maintain a healthy lifestyle. I'm nowhere near perfect but I'm healthy; and for that I'm thankful.
There are so many more things that I'm thankful for. I could seriously go on and on but these are the most important to me. I love Thanksgiving, it is my favorite Holiday and I'm looking forward to spending tomorrow (actually, today:)) with all of my loved ones. I hope you all have a great Turkey Day :)
xo

7 comments:
What a wonderful list to be thankful for. He certainly provides, doesn't He? Have a GREAT Thanksgiving and eat till your sick, because that's the only real day you can get away with it. Happy Thanksgiving, Faith!
hope u had a good thanksgiving!
family and loved ones coupled with god and food (and football) is the truth be blessed maam
Happy week after Thanksgiving! I hope you have a great turkey day, and what a wonderfulk list of things to be thankful for!
We are scarf buddies! I will email you my contact info, I'm so excited!
Peace, Ray
what a wonderful list... I love when people share what they are grateful are, because it is always a wonderufl reminder to me of the things I have to be grateful for in my own life!
Thanks so much for the comment on my blog, by the way. I love hearing from new people! :) And I have to say, in my quick little visits I did to each scarf participant's blog, I was drawn to yours, because I have the most adorable little niece whose name is Faith. That, and you seem like such a lovely person. :)
*grateful FOR, not "are". oops!
this is beautiful!
:)
Post a Comment