August 27, 2008

cool mama's

I heart cool mama's. you know,the mom's out there who manage to juggle it all; motherhood, careers, husbands/significant others and still manage to look flawless. the mom's that are hip and still rock their 7 jeans while breastfeeding.

I work with a lady who's in her mid-thirties and she just had her first child. She is always dressed to impress and she does not look like she was pregnant a year ago. I initially thought she was in her mid-late twenties when I started working here. Well, a min ago I kept hearing Big Poppa by the Notorious B.I.G. I stopped typing and started looking around and I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. I went around to ask the "cool mama" a question and there she was, bobbin' her head with her starbucks in one hand and paperwork in the other. I started crackin' up.

Growing up I always felt like my mom was old. I mean, she was 32 when she had me so she isn't ancient but compared to the mom's of my friends, I always felt like she should be my Grandma. She's always looked much younger than her age but still, I knew the truth despite her annual 29th birthday :). I've always told myself that I'd be one of those mama's. You know, the cool mom who won't embarrass her kids. The cool mom who still listens to "hip" music. The cool mom who manages to stay on top of all the latest fashion trends. The mom that's always wearing heels while prancing around her spotless house and most of all the cool mom who will know when her kids are feeding her some bullcrap :)


here are some of my favorite Cool Mom's

Gwen Stefani. you do realize those are the abs of a woman who has already given birth, right?



of course Ms. Richie. Even more cooler is the fact that it seems as though her lil' one has changed her for the better.


Lisa Bonet. I don't even need to explain this one.


Fabulous Mommy


and i cant wait for this future mamma to pop:

That's it for the cool mamma's. have a great day!

9 comments:

Ashley // Our Little Apartment said...

I really hope I'm a cool mom.

We'll see. :)

(vixenchick) said...

i wish kimora was my mom so i could inherit her closet. : )

Tiffany said...

I agree. If I have kids, I'm so going to be a cool mom. "Cool Mama" sounds like just what I want to be.

thanks for stopping by my blog and your nice comment! :)

Katelyn said...

I plan on being a cool mama too!

Anonymous said...

i hope to be one of these cool moms one day.. but currently i have no children..and i still find it difficult to make an attempt to look put together or half way decent when school is in session. i live in my sweats and barely a lick of makeup of my face when i don't have to be at work. m just so tired and would rather use any extra time i have to sleep. lol. perhaps, i should train myself now so that when i do have kids i wont be so lazy and end up looking frumpy.

Teal Chic said...

I agree with this list. My other favorite "cool mom" is Kate Hudson.

Anonymous said...

lisa bonet is so fierce - i love her. and gwen looks like she'd be a really cool mama too! kimora's kids are going to be lucky girls to inherit all her clothes, purses and jewels...so lucky. *sigh*

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

my mom was that mom

-Q. said...

Hey my mom bout 30 yrs older than me! lol -Q.