heidi montag was soooo @ my church yesterday. this is actually her second time visiting. we have quite a lot of celebs that attend our church but there was definitely a buzz when her and spencer first visited. it was on that glorious occasion that i realized how handsome he is (tv really does not do this boy justice, he's gorgeous) and she's suuupppperrr tiny (tinier than she looks on camera, hard to believe huh?)
i kinda wonder how they found our church, i mean..do they know someone? I honestly feel that my pastor has a way of affecting every single person, every single time. He makes you feel like he is talking directly to you, dissecting your life circumstances and situations. He's not overbearing, he doesn't try to beat you over the head with religion. I think he focuses more on the relationship YOU have with Christ. His focus is not whether or not you attend church every Sunday (and i truly believe most of our members not only attend church on sunday but they also attend bible study, praise and worship, IHP etc. throughout the week). Our pastor is a teacher. He is passionate about the word of God. He's passionate about teaching others the word of God. He's passionate about bringing Jesus into the lives of those who haven't accepted him or don't know about him or for whatever reason are afraid to know him. Pastor Mel's character is similar to the character of Jesus. He will not force himself on you. He makes himself available for those who invite him into their lives. God's grace is a free gift. The same is true of Pastor Mel. He is a free gift. His ministry is a free gift. I've taken quite a few friends to church with me and every single person a) loved it and b) came back. I get it when people say that church isn't for everyone. I was once one of those people and i felt the same way, but i truly feel that this church IS for everyone and i think that's part of the reason why our church is so diverse. We seriously have members/visitors of every ethnicity (well not every,but you know what I mean). Sorry, i went on about all of that. It was just on my heart and sometimes i forget how truly blessed I am that I was introduced to such an amazing church, with amazing ministries and amazing people.I always fear that if I move I won't be able to find a church that can even compare to In His Presence. anyway, check out my pretty church here on Justjared (the pics kinda suck..but ehh). btw, Get Smart came in #1 at the box office this weekend-ranking in $38,675,000. we're having a lil' fiesta here @ work to celebrate. did anyone see it? thoughts?

7 comments:
I am very jealous of you - not for seeing Heidi and super hot Spenser, although that is pretty nice - but for the fact you have a church that you enjoy, no love going to and have a preacher that challenges you!
I did have a great time this weekend, but I am SO glad to be home.
I am looking for a new church to attend when I'm off on Sundays (which isn't often) so maybe I'll check yours out one day. Its definitely hard to find a good church home so I'm glad u enjoy yours.
oOh and I saw Get Smart this weekend...funniest movie I've seen in a while. LOVED IT! =)
I really like this post. I think you're right - churches should be diverse and open to all. Jesus was ALL about that. :)
Also - you won the Pay It Forward contest on my blog!! So just email me your address - ashleymarie6 {at} gmail. :)
i saw get smart!!! loooved it!! looooove steven carrell in general!!
where do u work?!
good for beople to be passionate, especially the word of god, or faith and spirituality in general really
Katelyn-Don't be jealous :)
Suzie- You should definitely check it out.
Ashley-Woo Hoo! I'm so happy :)
Mel-Village Roadshow/Warner Bros.
Torrance- :)
I randomly stumbled across your blog and it has been a blessing reading about your church. I'm looking for a local church to attend and I think I might try yours out...it sounds exactly like what I'm looking for.
Post a Comment